The ESVS Annual Meeting
The leading vascular meeting in Europe, offering a rich and diversified scientific programme, including a comprehensive academy educational programme: hands-on workshops, courses and seminars.
Best of Education, Science and Vascular collaboration:
- The ESVS Academy – great workshops, seminars and training for all
- Poster Sessions, Abstracts – and prizes!
- Quick-fire presentations for trainees and seniors (4+2 mins discussion)
- Best Quick-fires win a longer presentation in the Main Scientific Sessions
- Volodos (innovation) and Janet Powell (evidence) Lectures
- Main Scientific Sessions with invited speakers, state of the art short talks and the top abstract and quick-fire presenters
33rd ESVS Annual Meeting in Hamburg, 24-27 Sept 2019 (website)
34th ESVS Annual Meeting in Krakow, 29 Sept-02 Oct 2020
35th ESVS Annual Meeting in Belfast, 28 Sept-01 Oct 2021
Selection of ESVS Annual Meeting destination for 2024
The ESVS Annual Meeting takes place every year during the second half of September in a European city. Cities interested in hosting the Annual Meeting in 2024 are invited to contact the ESVS office to discuss the requirements.
Eligibility criteria to host the Annual Meeting
- Application must come from a European National Society
- Last Annual Meeting held in the country must be at least 10 years ago
- The candidate country must be economically and politically stable
- The candidate city must propose one or more venues that fit with the requirements and are available in the second half of September 2024. For detailed requirements please refer to the ESVS Office (email@example.com).
Primary selection criteria
- Easily accessible airport from European countries
- Distance to the city centre
- Attractivity of the city
- Ability to host the ESVS Academy
- National Society or Councillor to send the bid to the ESVS office by the 15th of December 2019
- ESVS office and Executive Committee will review the applications in Jan-Mar 2020 to ensure they comply with the requirements and the budget
- ESVS office will share shortlisted applications with the Councillors prior to the Council Meeting in April 2020
- Presentation of the applications at the Council Meeting in April 2020 by the Councillor or the local representative
- Election at the Council Meeting via ballot paper voting