The Royal Society of Medicine, London
6 CPD points RCR accreditation
This is a one day training course on the application of B-scan and duplex, pulsed wave, colour and power Doppler techniques in the investigation of the extracranial and intracranial vasculature. The emphasis will be on ‘hands on’ workshops, which will enable delegates to use the latest ultrasound imaging equipment to practice the investigation protocols.
The programme will include the following topics:
- basic principles of imaging;
- haemodynamics and Doppler techniques;
- investigating protocols and diagnostic criteria for carotid and vertebral arteries
- atherosclerotic plaque composition and dynamics
- investigation of the intracranial arteries using duplex and transcranial Doppler (TCD)
- post endarterectomy imaging;
- B-scan and Doppler artefacts and errors.