CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS NOW CLOSED!
The European Society for Vascular Surgery (ESVS) is pleased to invite vascular surgeons, trainees, nurses, technicians and professionals of all related disciplines to contribute to the Scientific Programme of the 32nd ESVS Annual Meeting, which will take place on 25-28 September, in Valencia, Spain, by submitting an abstract in one of the categories below :
|Abdominal Aortic Diseases||Thoracic & Thoraco-abdominal Aortic Disease|
|Case Reports (EVST Sessions)||Vascular Access|
|Chronic Wound Management||Vascular Biology|
|Clinical Trials||Vascular Imaging|
|Peripheral Arterial Disease||Vascular Trauma|
|Supra-aortic and Carotid Arterial Disease||Venous Disease (incl. malformations)|
- Abstract submissions open : Monday, 15 January 2018
- Abstract submissions close : Friday, 13 April 2018 (23:59 CET)
- Notifications of acceptance : Monday, 21 May 2018
- Early bird registration deadline : Friday, 1 June 2018
- Presentation deadline confirmation : Friday, 15 June 2018
Why submit an abstract and attend the ESVS 32nd Annual Meeting?
- Gain visibility by presenting your research to an audience of 1,400 attendess
- Benefit from direct feedback of an international audience constituted of experts in vascular surgery
- Feature in the Annual Meeting Scientific Programme & Book of Abstracts
- Be in with a chance of receiving one of several Prizes for Best Oral/Poster Presentation
Type of Abstract Sessions
Oral Prize Session
The 10 highest rated abstracts will be selected directly for oral presentation and will be included in the Prize Scientific Session. Authors of abstracts selected for the Prize Session will be communicated their date and time of presentation on May 21, 2018. These will not present during the Fast-Track Abstract Sessions.
Fast-Track Presentation Sessions
A Fast-Track Presentation is a short oral communication of 4 minutes, presented in front of a Jury, on Tuesday, 25 September 2018. Each presentation is followed by 2 minutes for questions from the Jury or audience. A total of 160 abstracts will be selected as Fast-Track Presentation. The authors of top-scored presentations will have the opportunity to present an extended version of their abstract in one of the Plenary Scientific Sessions on one of the subsequent days of the congress. Therefore, we encourage all presenters of selected abstracts to prepare a short version (4 minutes) and extended version (8 minutes) of their presentation, in case they are selected. All Fast-Track Presenters should therefore be available all four days of the congress.
Poster Presentations Sessions & Prize Poster Session
Authors of abstracts selected for poster presentation will be required to set up their poster by Wednesday, 26 September at 10:00 at the latest. The Poster Presentations dedicated sessions will take place on Wednesday and Thursday during lunch time from 13:15 – 14:00. Presenters will be divided in groups and allocated 5 minutes for presentation and 2 minutes to answer questions from a designated Jury member. All Poster presenters are required to be present next to their poster 5 minutes before the start of the session. Authors of the 10 top-rated posters selected by the Jury will be invited to present an extended version of their presentation on Friday morning in the Prize Poster Session. Authors of the three top-scored posters will be offered a Prize.
Authors of accepted abstracts will have a chance to win one of the following prestigious Prizes :
- 1st Prize for Best Oral Presentation – 600€
- 2nd Prize for Best Oral Presentation – 400€
- 3rd Prize for Best Oral Presentation – 200€
- 1st Prize for Best Poster Presentation – 300€
- 2nd Prize for Best Poster Presentation – 200€
- 3rd Prize for Best Poster Presentation – 100€
- Delegates’ Choice Award – 100€