The European Symposium on Vascular Biomaterials meeting – ESVB – is organised biyearly, and its main goal is to bring together users and designers of vascular biomaterials and technologies to create a multidisciplinary network of specialists for the advancement of our science. The main topics of ESVB 2019 will be the following:
- Robotics, non-X-Ray guidance, and latest trends in per-operative imaging technologies
- Updates in endovascular surgery: aortic and peripheral
- Venous diseases
- 3D printing technologies in vascular surgery
- International research networks in vascular surgery
- The near future
A Nurse in Vascular Surgery Meeting (held in French) will also take place during the ESVB to address topics such as the importance of a complete patient file, identity vigilance, material vigilance, improving patient care with simulation, radioprotection and management pre/post-surgery after specific interventions.
The ESVB meeting is composed of a satellite day and two days of congress. During the satellite day, a simulation BOOTCAMP and a Translational Research Meeting will take place.
The bootcamp, organised in our new simulation centre in GEPROVAS, is composed of AAA, SFA, Sizing, Fusion, Suture anastomosis end-to-end, Suture circle and Maze Box competition workshops for 20 participants.
The Translational Research Meeting is composed of the Young Researcher Prize and a Textile Symposium.
The Young Researcher Prize aims to promote and reward research amongst youngsters. From those who submit an abstract before June 30th, thirty-five researchers will be selected and will present their work in front of a jury and an expert audience. Four of the best speakers will be selected and will present during the ESVB where the three best will be awarded 1500€, 1000€ and 500€. They also have the opportunity to present a poster of their work which will be displayed in the congress venue, the best poster will be awarded 500€.
- Young researchers can submit their abstract directly online: http://esvb.net/uk/155496742929655-young-researcher-prize-2019-.html
- The textile symposium, chaired by Renu Virmany, will address topics such as; textile for hernia repair, new non-woven fibres obtained from supra molecular polymers, latest advances in fibrous scaffolds manufacturing and the potential and limits of medical textile.
You can register now here: https://esvb2019.site.calypso-event.net/
And you can find more information directly on our website www.esvb.net