6 CPD points RCR accreditation
This is a one day course on ultrasound colour duplex imaging of the deep and superficial venous system. The course is a combination of lectures, demonstrations and workshop sessions and is designed to cover both the investigation protocols and diagnostic criteria of these techniques and their application to the surgical procedures. The emphasis will be on the practical hands-on scanning techniques and there will be opportunity to train on a limb phantom for ultrasound guided EVLT procedures.
- Basic principles of ultrasound imaging
- Haemodynamics and Doppler ultrasound techniques
- Lower limb deep venous system
- Lower limb superficial venous system
- Upper limb venous system
- Ultrasound imaging in surgical practice.
Each clinical lecture will cover: normal vasculature and variants; examination protocols; diagnostic criteria; case histories; pitfalls in interpretation.