ESVS TREASUER – CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The European Society for Vascular Surgery (ESVS) is opening a call for applications to elect a Treasurer.
Acting as ESVS Treasurer, the successful candidate will be part of the ESVS leadership within the Executive Committee. This volunteer-based position is a personal commitment and requires availability and time, but it will also allow the successful candidate to hold a key decision-making position within a globally recognised organisation, surrounded by a group of world-renowned vascular experts, in a friendly atmosphere!
The successful candidate will start his/her mandate in September 2022, for a 5-year’s term, and shadow the outgoing Treasurer for one year, from September 2021. During the final fifth year the Treasurer will work with his/her successor to ensure a smooth handover.
The successful candidate should commit to:
- Work voluntarily
- respect ESVS mission and visions
- work under ESVS SOPs and guidelines
- daily work to ESVS activities
- 5 to 7 travels per year
- regular phone conferences with committees, ESVS office, congress organisers, etc.
- working closely with the Secretary General and Presidents – current, President-Elect and Deputy President Elect in furthering the Society’s aims.
The role of ESVS Treasurer is pivotal to the Society and can be summarised in four main activity areas.
- Legal responsibility
The Treasurer, together with the remaining Executive Committee members, is a Director of the Society. As such, he/she will be requested to fulfil the administrative tasks pertaining to this role (e.g., provide the necessary information and documents to keep the Charity Commission, Companies House and bank records up to date)
- Overseeing and ultimate responsibility for the Society’s accounts and finances
The Treasurer will follow up closely the Society’s finances and status of the accounts. Although the Treasurer is the ultimate person accountable for these tasks, he/she heavily relies on the office staff and accountant to support him/her.
- Maintenance and development of the relationship with industry
The Treasurer becomes during his/her term of office the Chair of the Industry Relations and Business Development (IRBD) committee. The goal of the IRBD committee is to enhance the interface between the ESVS and its Major Sponsors and Exhibitors. The Treasurer will lead the committee engaging with Industry to increase the Major Partnership numbers and negotiate directly with key Industry personnel to ensure their continued support as Major Sponsors and exhibitors at the Annual Meeting and the Society.
- Active participation in Committee meetings
The Treasurer attends many Committee meetings (virtual and/or face to face), including but not limited to the IRBD Committee meetings, EJVES Editorial Board meetings, the Academy meetings, the Annual Meeting Programme Committee and budget meetings.
For his/her hard work as Treasurer and Chair of the IRBD committee, the will provide an annual 12,000€ honorarium to the Treasurer.
- European member of the Society
- Scientifically oriented
- Educational understanding
- Actively practising as a vascular specialist
- No conflict of interest
- In good standing
- In control of their time / available
- Fluent in English
- Good contacts with industry and business-oriented
- Previous involvement in other committees or ESVS activities will be considered as a plus.
Motivation and availability are key criteria – don’t hesitate to apply!
- CV + application letter
- Fill out the “manifesto” questions
- Letter confirming that the applicant is a vascular specialist in good standing, signed by the National Vascular Society
- Declaration of conflict of interest
- Application sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st March 2021